The ACR Mining Industry Advisory Committee (MIAC) is inviting you to attend its second research symposium to be held on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Engineering. The objective of the symposium is to provide an update on developments in the mining research “eco-system” over the past year in Alberta and Canada by bringing together the various industry stakeholders.
This symposium is driven by the desire to improve the way research into mining challenges and opportunities are coordinated in Alberta. We have world class researchers in mining and other engineering disciplines located at the University of Alberta that are doing leading edge work to support our industry. The event will be of interest to those involved in the mining sector as well as others in the resource or construction sector interested in R&D or innovation. The following components will be included. A full agenda will be available soon.
- Opening comments on the state of the industry and objectives of the symposium
- Presentations from mining research organizations including:
- Canadian Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA)
- Canadian Mining Innovation Council (CMIC)
- CIM / Global Mining Group
- University of Alberta
- Panel discussion – the path forward
- Overview of the mining research map and priorities
- Presentation on IP
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Time: Networking/Coffee 9:30 am; Symposium commencing at 10:00am until 2:45pm – including lunch.
Location: University of Alberta, Faculty of Engineering, ETLC Building, 2nd Floor Solarium, Edmonton
Cost: $25.00 (plus GST) per person