We hope all our members and friends are safe and healthy. Alberta Health Services has released a list of measures every individual in the province should be implementing to keep ourselves and our families safe. Please review that list of safety measures on the Alberta Health Services website.
For the safety and well-being of ACR staff, we have advised staff to work from home until Alberta Health Services changes the current COVID-19 protocols. We have been privileged to have the resources required to continue work as usual from the safety of our homes. We are confident in our team and in our internal communications strategy to get us through this time.
We are actively working on ways to help the resource sector during this time. With regards to upcoming ACR events and work, we have devised the following plan:
- Board of Directors and Committee Meetings will be set up for virtual meetings.
- We are setting up webinars and social media groups for businesses to share information, ideas and concerns about COVID-19.
- We are gathering and sharing information submitted to us from our member. These documents can be found on our COVID-19 Information and updates page on our website.
- Our Executive Committee and Board of Directors are actively discussing challenges of COVID-19 and will reach out to necessary governments and other organizations to work with them on addressing the resource industry’s concerns.
If you need to reach anyone from ACR, please use the following information:
- Executive Director, Neil Shelly email@example.com
- Advisor, Larry Staples firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Assistant and Office Manager, Carla Stevens email@example.com
- Communications Officer, Jennifer Cummings firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Keeping our members up to speed
The Alberta Chamber of Resources is committed to making the province’s resource sector safer and more profitable, through innovative collaboration, best practice development, consensus development and other strategies.
Committees are at the heart of what we do: the Alberta Chamber of Resources’ committees tackle challenges and develop policies on everything from education to transportation, Aboriginal participation to the future of resources. Their work is guided by—and helps to guide—the overall mission of the Alberta Chamber of Resources, and helps create an environment where the resources sector can thrive.
The work our committees produce—as well as other impactful publications—can be found in our Resources Library. If you need any of our white papers, best practices, strategic frameworks or our Aboriginal resources, the Resources Library is the place to look.
Meet the Alberta Chamber of Resources
Learn the history of our organization and how the Alberta Chamber of Resources is helping to make resource extraction in our province safer, and more profitable.