With increasing pressures from society on environmental issues and major changes in regulations, there continues to be a growing need from the ACR membership for information on how to deal with these challenges. Starting in 1998, the ACR formed a working group to put on an “Environmental Forum” to showcase key environmental issues. These sessions continue today, with presentations from regulators on future direction as well as from companies on how they are adapting.
- Mark Wittrup
Clifton Associates Ltd.
- Lisa White
Engineering Safety and Risk Management Program, University of Alberta
Topics from previous forums have included:
- New Federal Environmental Assessment Process Bill C69 (September 2018)
- Alberta’s Energy Future (March 2018)
- Water and Land Use Planning (September 2017)
- Climate Change and Adapting to the Challenges (March 2017)
- Understanding the Role of the Regulator and Operator in a Changing Regulatory Environment (September 2016)
Forums are typically held twice a year in Spring and Fall. If you have an idea or suggestion for a forum topic or potential speaker, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Join Our Committees
Alberta Chamber of Resources members believe in our collective ability to positively shape the future for resources industries in Alberta. Become a member and become eligible to work on committees that address issues you care about. We’re stronger together—join us and make a difference in your province!